Monday, August 17, 2009

The Cat in the Hat.....Merch Mover

The Cat in the Hat..............What a salesman

This cat is a hero to all closers. His methods should be firmly planted in ones mind when wrapping up that big deal...........

When we were all small in the very early grades of school, we were exposed to Dr. Suess with all those odd stories and characters. It was all to hold our attention long enough to get the message. Who knows what that was, as most of us hardly remember any of it...............

We spent all that money on sales training when all we needed was Dr. Suess.

Let's go spy on this merch moving cat and see what he is up to.

We see the cat arriving at the house of little Timmy just as he is sitting down for a bowl of gruel for breakfast.

The breakfast appears very unappealing, exposing a need to the Cat. The cats product would fill the need and since Timmy was the consumer of that breakfast he became instantly qualified.

The cat began the presentation of the product that he knew would fill the need of Timmy, the qualified customer. "Instead of gruel, you would like some green eggs and ham, wouldn't you?" This question combined the presentation with the close since the product described its self. Too often the deal is lost in over presentation by not seeing the closing opportunities and asking for the sale.

Timmy, being resistive to any salesman, was not interested in the product. (Salesman are just trying to beat you out of your money, aren't they?) Without consideration of the offer, he immediately declined. "Oh no, I don't want green eggs and ham. I wouldn't, I couldn't eat green eggs and ham for breakfast."

This is where non-closers, feeling rejection, go to the next house, since that customer didn't want the product. (sorry ass product. No one could sell this crap) Not our Merch Mover, he knows this is an Objection not Rejection.

"Well, if you wouldn't, couldn't eat green eggs and ham for breakfast then you could, you would eat green eggs and ham for lunch, wouldn't you, couldn't you?" closed the cat.

"No no, I couldn't, wouldn't eat green eggs and ham for lunch or any other meal" objected Timmy.

"If you wouldn't, you couldn't eat green eggs and ham for lunch or any meal, then you would, you could eat green eggs and ham at the park, couldn't you, wouldn't you?" Closed the Cat.

"No no, I couldn't, I wouldn't eat green eggs an ham at the park or any where" objected Timmy.

"Then you would, you could eat green eggs and ham in the dark, couldn't you, wouldn't you?" closed the cat.

"No no, not in the dark or the light could I, would I eat green eggs and ham." objected Timmy.

"So you wouldn't, you couldn't eat green eggs and ham for breakfast. You couldn't, you wouldn't eat green eggs and ham for lunch or any other meal. You couldn't, you wouldn't eat green eggs and ham at the park. You couldn't, you wouldn't eat green eggs and ham in the dark. You would, you could eat green eggs and ham in a car, couldn't you, wouldn't you?" closed the cat.

"No, no I could not, I would not eat green eggs and ham in a car, a bar, from a jar, in the dark, at a park. I could not, I would not eat green eggs and ham here, there or anywhere ." objected Timmy.

" I see, you wouldn't, you couldn't eat green eggs and ham here, there or anywhere. For me to take flight could you, would you if you may, if you might try just one bite?" closed the cat.

"OK, if you will take flight, I may, I might try just one bite". agreed Timmy (pre-close closing signal, objections overcome)

"Wow. Green eggs and ham is good. I could, I would

eat them for breakfast, real fast

for lunch, in a bunch,

in a park, in the dark,

in a car, in a bar.

I will eat green eggs and ham here there and every where.

I would, I could. "

Closed,

on to the add-ons.

No comments: